Monday, September 16, 2013

Never Prayed Before?

I wanted to give a little advice if you have never prayed before.

Praying is really quite simple. You just talk with God. Yes, you can't see him or hear him. But you can feel his response in your heart.

You don't have to kneel on the ground, although I like doing that. I also fold my arms, but you can clasp your hands, or whatever.

Here's a basic format:


  1. Address God- something like "Dear Heavenly Father..."
  2. Express Gratitude- "Thank you for ____ and ____."
  3. Ask for blessings or answers- "Please bless _____ with ____. Will you let me know if ____ is right?"
  4. Close in the name of Jesus Christ. "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen"
God can speak to us in many ways. It is important for us to listen for the "fruits of the Spirit" -how God speaks to us. Those are feelings of "love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance" (Galatians 5:22-23).  

No comments:

Post a Comment